Kix on Stix and other fun Recipes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups Kix® cereal
- 20 raisins, miniature milk chocolate candy drops, small gumdrops, chocolate- or yogurt-covered raisins or miniature marshmallows
- 1 to 2 tablespoons multicolored candy sprinkles
- 20 thin pretzel sticks (2 1/4 inch)
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat sugar and corn syrup to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter until blended. Stir in cereal. Cool slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lightly butter hands. Shape 1 to 2 tablespoons cereal mixture into a ball around each candy. Immediately roll in candy sprinkles. Place pretzel stick into each cereal ball.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 containers (1 lb each) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Red, yellow and blue gel or paste food colors
- Tray or cardboard, 15x12 inches, covered
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan.) Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into pan.
- 2Bake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate or freeze cake 1 hour until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, in small bowl for each color, tint 1 cup frosting red, 1 cup frosting yellow and 2/3 cup frosting blue with food colors. Leave remaining frosting white.
- 4Using serrated knife, cut rounded dome from top of cake to make flat surface; place cake cut side down. Cut cake crosswise into thirds. Cut one of the thirds in half crosswise to make 2 squares. Place cake pieces on tray.
- 5"Crumb-coat" top and sides of 1 square cake with thin layer of blue frosting and 1 square cake with thin layer of white frosting. Crumb-coat 1 rectangular cake with thin layer of yellow frosting and 1 rectangular cake with thin layer of red frosting. Refrigerate or freeze 30 to 60 minutes until set.
- 6Add final coat of frosting to each cake. Frost 4 marshmallow halves with blue frosting; place in square design on blue cake. Frost 4 marshmallow halves with white frosting; place in square design on white cake. Frost 8 marshmallow halves with yellow frosting; place on yellow cake. Frost 8 marshmallow halves with red frosting; place on red cake. Store loosely covered at room temperature.